Software Engineer – Linux / C++/C#
Interested in seeing your software code integrated into neat ocean-going hardware?
EIVA is an engineering company operating in the international maritime industry. EIVA offers hardware, software and services such as rental, maintenance and training to customers specialising in offshore wind, oil and gas, and construction, just to name a few.
EIVA’s product portfolio includes a number of sensor platforms (buoys and remotely operated towed vehicles) which are built in house through collaboration between our software and hardware departments. We are looking to strengthen the work between these departments, and in the process improve our products and develop new ones, we are on the lookout for a new crew member with a strong programming background and experience in Linux / C++ programming.
NaviSuite is among the most high-end and most used in the industry, offering users a multi-purpose solution known for its versatility and efficiency. With NaviSuite, our customers can successfully carry out hydrographic surveys, UXO operations and construction jobs at sea.
Our ideal candidate wishes to develop software products and applications, is self-driven and enjoys working as a part of the team, by joining EIVA it means that you’ll become part of a company that takes pride in having an informal and open workplace culture, engaged with high-end, innovative technology in an inspiring environment, if this sound as something that you would like to be part of we are looking forward to meeting you.
- Development of firmware for EIVA hardware products
- Development of EIVA top-side application software (C++/C#)
- Facilitating communication and collaboration between EIVA software and hardware departments
- Development of management and data retrieval software on hardware platforms
- Building Linux core base
- Supporting the EIVA hardware research and development team
Technically, we expect you to have:
- A background as a software engineer, holding a degree in computer science, software engineering or similar
- Is proficient in Linux compilation, flashing/installation, configuration, scripting, driver and user management, etc
- Is proficient in C ++, including being able to use ioctl and clean C code, which will be relevant at times
- Is proficient in C#
- Can help with other high-tech aspects such as i2c and SPI
- Has a good sense of software architecture and code design
- Possesses strong English language skills (both written and spoken)
As benefits we offer:
- Attractive salary package
- Pleasant working environment, newly set offices in the center of Bucharest
- Development training and Improvement plans for your skills
- Cross cultural experiences
- Traveling opportunities to the clients world-wide
- Private healthcare subscriptions
- Fitness/Gym subscriptions
- Food tickets
EIVA is an engineering company with 40 years’ experience in the offshore and shallow water construction and survey industry. EIVA provide software, equipment, integrated system solutions, rental services, 24/7 support and software training to a wide range of segments, covering virtually any sub sea task.
Genos is a Danish company offering Danish companies outsourcing of highly skilled IT engineers and business consultants to Bucharest. Genos is located in the North of the city close to Piata Charles de Gaulle and the Aviatorilor metro station, EIVA has chosen Genos as its outsourcing partner in Bucharest.
Please read more about EIVA : https://www.eiva.com/